Sometimes, an electrical emergency can’t wait; sometimes, you need a 24-hour electrician to stop in as soon as possible. Here’s a look at some electrical emergencies that require immediate attention.
Learn what common emergencies need to be fixed immediately by a 24-hour electrician.
Air Conditioning/Heating Stops Working
On sweltering Dallas summer afternoons or chilly winter nights, you just can’t wait for regular service hours to have your malfunctioning HVAC system examined. If the air conditioning or heating stops working, it could be an electrical problem, not an A/C or furnace problem.
Before you call a certified electrician, check to see if the breaker is tripped.
- If the breaker is tripped, go to the thermostat and turn off the heating and cooling unit.
- After you have turned off the thermostat, go back to the breaker and turn the breaker all the way off before resetting it to the ‘on’ position.
- If the breaker trips again, call a 24-hour electrician. If it doesn’t trip, turn the thermostat back on. If the breaker trips once the AC is on, you will need to contact an AC repairman.
If the power goes out in your home, the problem could be on your side or with the power provider. A good 24-hour electrician can discuss with you which one is the case.
- If your entire block loses power, it’s undoubtedly a problem with the provider.
- If the power goes out only in your home, there’s a greater possibility that the problem is on your end. This is where a certified electrician can discuss which specific parts of your home are out and determine if you need an electrician or if you need to call your power provider.
Sparks & Flames
No matter the fire’s cause, your first call should be to the fire department. If an electrical malfunction caused the fire, your second call should be to a 24-hour electrician.
ElectricMan To The Rescue
You know you can count on ElectricMan as your certified electrician of choice. We’re always on call 24/7 to help solve electrical problems. For example, a few years back, during Super Bowl week in Dallas, the American Red Cross’ power to their refrigeration system where they store their emergency blood supply went out. ElectricMan tackled the snow and ice storm and were able to fix the issue within 40 minutes of being on-site; crisis diverted! The Red Cross retweeted their appreciation to ElectricMan calling them their ‘heroes.’
If you’re experiencing an electrical emergency, please contact ElectricMan today. ElectricMan is a trusted, local 24-hour electrician with almost three decades of experience.