If you’re a homeowner, you’re probably looking for ways to save energy and money. There are so many hidden costs involved in homeownership, and if you’re not careful, your electrical consumption can be a big factor in those costs. However, it’s easier than you might think to save on energy if you just follow a few simple tips.
Look For Ways To Cut Your Energy Costs
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs instead of incandescent bulbs and turn off lights that aren’t in use.
- Wash your clothes in cold water and hang them to dry instead of using an electric dryer.
- Perhaps the simplest way to save energy is to turn things off when you’re not using them because there is less electrical consumption involved in turning things back on than in leaving them running.
Increase Your Family's Safety In A Cost-Effective Way
- First, install ground fault circuit interrupters, especially in your kitchen and bathroom. These are simple, effective devices that prevent accidental electrocution.
- Install arc fault circuit interrupters too, because these innovative circuit breakers cost less than $100, detect electrical problems and can prevent electrical fires.
- Other simple, cost-effective safety measures include child safety outlets, whole house surge protectors and smoke detectors.
Find Easy Ways To Update An Older Home
It may sound daunting to update the electrical system in your home, and in fact, it does require an investment and professional workmanship to bring your home into the modern era. However, there are simple things you can upgrade without breaking the bank, including:
- The installation of outdoor motion sensor security lights
- Dedicated grounded circuit to protect your electronics
Once your home is better able to handle the electrical load you’re asking of it, you’ll not only be safer, but you’ll also save energy.
Plan For Shifts In Technology
Knowing how much more electricity we use now than we did in the past, we can assume we’ll need even more energy in the future. It’s good to think ahead and prepare for this.
- One way to do it is to install a power conditioner, which cleans the electrical signal entering your home in order to provide more reliable energy.
- Another good idea is to hire a qualified electrician to help you identify shortcomings in your current electrical systems, as well as provide you with information about innovations that can help you save energy.
Choose Wisely When Shopping For A Technician
How do you find such a qualified electrician? Look for referral-based companies with a reputation for integrity, reliability and a commitment to putting the needs of their clients first.
The ElectricMan Difference
If you’re ready to save energy, ElectricMan wants to help you figure out how to do it! We want to be your go-to source not only for electrical service but also for advice and information on all things electrical. A family-owned business, we offer quality electrical services at low prices, and we only employ professional, licensed, certified electricians. We’re here to fix any electrical repairs you may need and if an electrical emergency should happen, we’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!